TOPPINGS HERBAL ENRICHMENTS STIR-INS BROTHS AND LIQUIDS
How to eat Breakfast Cure congee
Plain is wonderful. Simple is beautiful. And we love mixing it up with a fun garnish or new cooking liquid. Most of all we want you to make it the best way for you: delicious, healthy, and still easy. We’ll continue to add new suggestions below to each flavor, so check back regularly for new inspiration. Scroll to the bottom for more bonus recommendations too.
Please send your serving suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Top with your favorite crushed nuts such as pecans or hazelnuts.
- Top with butter and/or your favorite milk.
- Cook with suggested herbal enrichment: Astragalus
Coconut Blueberry Bliss
- Save the coconut cream packet provided. Instead, add one tablespoon butter to make our classic Maple Blueberry Dream.
- Top with your favorite crushed nuts such as hazelnuts, pecans, or walnuts.
- Substitute coconut milk for some of the cooking water or top with coconut milk.
- Cook with coconut water instead of water.
- Add a handful of chopped seasonal veggies 5-15 minutes before serving. We like fresh peas, green beans, and broccoli. What’s your favorite?
- Top with a dollop of plain yogurt, then sprinkle with included toasted spices.
- Top with extra ghee.
Mango and Sticky Rice
- Have for dessert. This recipe will cook well in about four hours.
- Serve with a splash of coconut cream and garnish with a sprig of mint.
Masala Chai Spice
- Try other tea varieties.
- Use decaffeinated tea if preferred.
- Although we prefer to keep this flavor smooth, if you want some crunch, try adding toasted, crushed hazelnuts or cacao nibs.
- Stir in a few dark chocolate chips.
- Top with crushed pistachios or pecans.
- Top with a dollop of Greek yogurt, crème fraîshe, or mascarpone cream cheese.
- Drizzle with honey, preferably fresh, raw, and local.
- Top with crushed hazelnuts, pecans, walnuts.
- Cook with suggested Herbal Enhancement: Astragalus
- Top with toasted, salted pumpkin seeds.
- Serve over a chunk of fresh banana, let warm a few minutes before eating.
Red Mushroom Medley
- Substitute bone broth for water when cooking.
- Serve, then drizzle with toasted sesame oil.
- Stir in fresh miso and top with fresh chopped scallions
Tangled Up in Blueberry
- Top with crushed hazelnuts or pecans.
- Top or cook with small cubes of crystallized ginger.